Saturday, January 4, 2014

Crochet Diamond Hat (and where to find the pattern!)

Hi everyone! It's been a really long time since I have made a blogpost… I actually opened an Etsy shop and that has really been keeping me busy!  Previously, I have only posted free patterns.  I am going to make a bit of a change.  I originally titled this blog "My Crocheted World," and I would like to be able to share my free patterns as well as chronicle my crocheted world, as the name suggests.  So… I am planning on including blog posts of the projects I am working on, and share or link to the patterns from which I work!

I recently finished a project that I am REALLY excited about!  It is the crochet Diamond Hat- and it looks pretty neat!


My Diamond Hat using I Love This Yarn! because I really do love this yarn!!
When I started this hat, I was following a different pattern, for a slightly different hat, but the written instructions were not to my liking- I was having a pretty hard time interpretting what the pattern author wanted me to do!  I ended up looking for a similar hat design video on YouTube and ended up watching this one.  This video is by Tanya Neser and has great information- she really explains the steps well!  Problem is, the video quality is a bit hard to follow.  I used her videos (there are several 'parts') for the first few rounds, and then decided to find written instructions, which she was wonderful enough to provide!  Her written instructions are beautiful and much easier to follow, in my opinion!

This hat worked up pretty quick and I really like that it is super fun to look at, even though it is all in one color.  Oftentimes it seems that one color can be boring, but this hat rocks the one color!

If you end up making your own hat, please share it! I would love to see what you come up with!


1 comment: